Psalm 63:1-9 “O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you…”
1 Chronicles 29:11-14 “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power…”
Psalm 146:1,2 “Praise the Lord…”
Exodus 15:2 “The Lord is my strength and my song…”
2 Samuel 22:47-50 “The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!…”
Isaiah 12:4 “In that day you will say: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;…”
Isaiah 26:12 “Lord, you establish peace for us;…”
Isaiah 25:1 “O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, …”
Personal and Corporate Prayer (21 Days of Repentance by Raleigh Area Concerts of Prayer)
- #1 – At the foot of the cross
- #2 – 21 points of repentance
- #3 – Put Off – Put On
- #4 – 21 questions
- #5 – Proud People – Broken People
- #6 – Who Do You Really Love
- #7 – Potential Pitfalls of Self-evaluation
- #8 – Addictions
- #9 – Returning from Dream World to Real World
- #10 – Seeing God As He Really Is
- #11 – Renouncing and Repenting
- #12 – Repenting and the fruit of the spirit
- #13 – Repenting of Secret Sins
- #14 – I Surrender
- #15 – My Thought Life
- #16 – Soften My Heart
- #17 – Repenting
- #18 – Being too contented
- #19 – Living as a Hypocrite
- #20 – Blind Spots
- #21 – A Life of Confession and Repentance
The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Php 4:5–6).
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. (1 Ti 2:1–2).
Walking in Freedom
Battle Plan for Overcoming Sin Admit – Identify – Replace
Admit THE STRUGGLE
- Admit your struggle to yourself and to God. Own up that there is an external issue causing problems and has become an idol in your life.
- Get an accurate picture of where you REALLY are and what you are REALLY struggling with.
- Be ruthlessly honest about your struggle with one or more trustworthy men.
- Avoid the 97% rule. Do not hold back the worst, and potentially most important, details of your struggle.
- Remove your mask with trustworthy teammates and begin moving towards God’s grace.
Renew Your Mind – James 5:16; Proverbs 28:13; Luke 15:7; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 7:10; Galatians 5:17; Ephesians 4:25; 1 John 1:8-9
Identify THE LIE
- Go below the surface and identify the lie that is seducing you. The lie that you are believing at the core of your heart.
- Remember that all idols over-promise and under-deliver. How is this idol duping you? What is it promising?
Renew Your Mind – Deuteronomy 11:16; Proverbs 4:23; Proverbs 20:4; Lamentations 3:40; Ecclesiastes 2:11; John 8:12; Ephesians 4:22; Ephesians 5:11,13
Replace WITH THE TRUTH
- Replace your idols with something that is better, something reliable that comes through…with (1) the truth of grace and forgiveness in Jesus and (2) the more satisfying promise of scripture.
- Believe with all of your heart in the grace of Jesus, that his gift of salvation makes us come alive in him.
- Totally embrace the reality that God’s grace is the most powerful thing in the universe.
- Follow Jesus’ example in the wilderness (Matthew 4) by replacing the lies that you are believing with the truth offered in God’s Word.
- Transformation (i.e., true life-change, replacing your idols) begins with the renewing of your mind. By filling your mind with the truth of God’s Word.
Renew Your Mind – Romans 12:2; Deuteronomy 8:4; Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 18:30; Psalm 119:9-11; Psalm 119:105; Proverbs 7:1-3; John 8:31-32; Romans 8:5-6; 1 Corinthians 14:20; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; Ephesians 4:23-24; Ephesians 6:13